Metropolitan Local Government District Inquiries
- Current Status
- View a Proposal
In July 2013 the State Government released its model for new local government boundaries in metropolitan Perth. The Minister for Local Government invited local governments to submit proposals to the Local Government Advisory Board (the Board) by 4 October 2013. During this time the Board received 21 proposals from local governments and one proposal from an elector group. It also accepted a further four proposals from local governments after this date.
In November 2013 the Minister submitted 12 proposals to the Board for consideration.
In all, the Board received 38 proposals. In conjunction with these proposals the Board advertised two notices of inquiries calling for submissions over two six-week periods. The initial submission period closed on 13 March 2014 and the second submission period closed on 26 June 2014.
Clause 6(2) of Schedule 2.1 to the Local Government Act 1995 (the Act) requires that the Board is not to recommend to the Minister the making of an order that is significantly different from a proposal into which it has formally inquired unless the Board has given notice to affected local governments, affected electors and the other electors of the districts about the recommendation.
The following three proposals were subject to the Clause 6(2) provisions referred to above and a three week submission period applied:
- Proposal E1 submitted by the Cockburn Community Steering Committee.
- Proposal No 5 submitted by the City of Armadale.
- Proposal No 10 submitted by the City of Melville.
Submissions on the above proposals have now closed.
The Board will consider the submissions it received on the above three proposals and include its final recommendations on these and other proposals in its report to the Minister for Local Government on the outcome of the Metropolitan Local Government District Inquiries. The Board is looking to submit the report to the Minister in late August.
How to view a proposal/intended recommendation:
- Select a local government from the dropdown list below.
- This will show the proposals/intended recommendations.
- Choose a proposal/intended recommendation from the table.
**Your selection will be highlighted to show the selected proposal/intended recommendation.
- This will then generate a list of affected local governments relating to that proposal/intended recommendation, a description and any related information.